The main differences between fitness experience levels are the available exercises and the rate of muscle recovery.
Here is a list of key points that, I believe, are good indications that you should move up your Fitness Experience setting:
- You have used your current fitness experience setting for at least a couple months
- Exercises in your workout are easy
- Exercises in your workout are boring
- You want more challenging movements in your workout
- Your muscle recovery state isn't recovering as fast as you feel
If you have met at least 4 of the 5 key points above, it is a good time to move up in Fitness Experience! (YAY!)